More Than 100 Years of Combined Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation Process
  4.  » What To Do After You’ve Been Hurt

Seek Medical Care And Talk With A Lawyer After A Work Injury

Should you suffer from a work-related injury, the work injury attorneys at Berger & Michelena emphasize two points for your own protection. First, do not talk to any insurance company representative. Second, speak to your own workers’ compensation attorney before seeking medical treatment.

If you’ve been hurt at work, you need your own workers’ compensation attorney. Call Berger & Michelena: 800-488-4813 for your free consultation.

The insurance company representatives will tell you they are here to help. They are indeed here to help, but they are here to help the insurance company, not you. The representative’s job is to keep costs down and possibly deny coverage altogether. Do not speak to them.

Any medical professional you are sent to by the insurance company or employer will also work with the insurance representative to limit your coverage or deny it altogether. Contact Berger & Michelena first to receive legal advice regarding your medical options in this situation. We can help ensure that you receive the medical coverage you really need.

What To Do After You Have Been Hurt

At Berger & Michelena, we do not want you to fill out any paperwork or sign any forms. Our attorneys want to do all the necessary paperwork on your behalf. When we do the paperwork, you do not have to worry about whether you are talking to the right people or if anyone is trying to take advantage of you. We already know the legal terrain in this area. We know how insurance companies and their counsel approach these issues. We know the very detailed practical steps to take in order to fight them on your behalf. With our protection, you do not have to navigate this dangerous bureaucracy alone.

Beware: some employers will threaten your employment if you file a workers’ compensation claim. Some employers may even tell you that you do not have a right to workers’ compensation claims if you are a nondocumented alien. This employer might call you an “illegal worker.”

Rest assured, the employer is not telling you the truth. Documented or nondocumented, you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits. If you are fired for filing a workers’ compensation claim, this firing is a wrongful firing from which the law protects you.

Contact A Los Angeles Employee Rights Attorney

To discuss your work injury with an employee from our firm, call us at 800-488-4813. You can also contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with a disability benefits lawyer from our Los Angeles, California, law firm.