More Than 100 Years of Combined Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation Process
  4.  » Workers’ Comp For Undocumented Workers

Will A Workers’ Comp Claim Hurt Your Immigration Status?

If you are injured at work, you are eligible for workers’ compensation, even if you are not a U.S. citizen. You may have been told that you cannot apply for workers’ compensation, but that is not true. You can apply and it will not endanger your immigration status.

If you are an undocumented worker and are injured at work, you can still get workers’ compensation. Call the attorneys at Berger & Michelena: 800-488-4813.

At Berger & Michelena, we represent injured workers in the Los Angeles area, whether or not they are U.S. citizens. We can talk about your accident with you and help you apply for workers’ compensation.

All Workers Can Apply For Workers’ Compensation

Undocumented or illegal workers are often afraid to report work injuries. However, your immigration status does not affect your workers’ compensation claim. You can apply for workers’ compensation benefits and lost wages, even if you were paid in cash or did not file taxes.

Our workers’ compensation lawyers represent injured workers in Los Angeles regardless of their immigration status. We understand that you may be worried that you will be reported to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) if you file for workers’ compensation. However, your employer is not supposed to threaten you with your immigration status. If you wish, we can refer you to an immigration lawyer to assist with your status.

Contact A Lawyer In Los Angeles Today

For a free consultation, please call 800-488-4813 or contact us online. Hablamos español.